Indian SGF is an organization for Adults, open to former Scouts & Guides, active adult Scouts and Guides and for those adults who have never had the opportunity to join Scouting and Guiding. Indian SGF is affiliated to the International Scout & Guide Fellowship, Brussels, Belgium which function all over the word by way of understanding with the World Organization of Scout Movement (WOSM) and World Association of Girl Guides & Girl Scouts (WAGGGS). The founder members ware Late Justice Hidyatulla, Late Lakshmi Mazumdar and Mr. Rameshwar Thakur former Governor. Indian SGF is working in India with an official understanding with Bharat Scout & Guides.
In India, the Organisation was officially formed in the year 1959 and is successfully functioning in India for past 61 years. Presently the Organisation has its base in 31 states and 10 Railway States of the country, which are further divided in 6 zones.
Since its inception in India, the members of Organisation have been constantly trying to work and support the young Scouts/Guides at all levels and rendering regular services to various community need based areas from time to time.
In India our Organisation is working with the aim-
To keep alive the spirit of Scout/Guide fundamentals;
To bring Scouting/Guiding spirit into communities is which we live and work.
Whilst remembering our responsibility, actively support Scouting & Guiding in communities of our respective areas.
Broadly, the members of the Organisation are working in the various social fields in as per local needs,
- Human Rights, HIV/AIDS, Educational support to needy, Leprosy Elimination, Senior citizens “Active Aging” concept, Free Legal aid Environment.
- Serving in Natural Disaster such as Covid-19 pandemic, Earth quake, Tsunami, etc.
1. To keep alive the spirit of the Scout / Guide Promise & Law In their lives.
2. To bring that spirit into the communities in which they live and work.
3. Whilst remembering their other responsibilities, to support Scouting & Guiding In their communities of respective area in
which they live and work.
1. Promote & Support the Scout and Guide Movement
2. Service to the community
3. Development of self and Fellowship among its members